Thank you for being one of O’Neil Real Estate’s valued tenants.
Please use it as a reference throughout the duration of your tenancy as it will answer many frequently asked questions as well as provide information relevant to both your and the owner’s obligations under the lease agreement. Should the answers to your queries not be found in any of the information below, please do not hesitate to contact our Property Management team.
For your convenience, our office provides a simple and free method for rental payments using a unique digital account that’s allocated to each tenant. Payments can be made online via your online banking portal. Details of your specific account details will be provided when you sign your lease agreement.
It’s important to note that it can take 48 hours for payments to be processed, so please plan ahead to ensure your rent is received by the due date.
For security reasons, we do not accept cash payments at our office. If you prefer not to use the digital account system, you can still make payments by mailing in cheques or money orders. Alternatively, we offer the option of using the Rental Rewards payment system, which allows for payment via credit card -use of this third party facility does incur additional charges.
As per the Residential Tenancies Act, our office will complete a detailed Property Condition Report (with photos) and two copies will be provided to you at the commencement of your tenancy.
You will be given 7 days to check, complete and sign this report and return one copy to our office. Should you not do this, or should you take longer than 7 days to return a signed copy to our office, the original report provided to you will be deemed at law as the true and correct copy.
This report is referred to at the end of the tenancy when determining if any deductions are required from your security bond. It is therefore in your best interest to read through this report thoroughly, provide comments to us within the legislated timeframe, and ensure you retain your copy in a safe place.
As explained to you by your Property Manager during the lease signing process, our office has adopted a zero-tolerance policy towards late rent payments. As managing agents we have an obligation to the property’s owner to ensure that the rent is paid in full and on time. For this reason, all tenants who fall 3 days in arrears with rental payments will receive a Notice of Termination for Non Payment of Rent.
If you have received written approval to keep a pet at the premises (either in the lease document or in writing at a later time), please ensure that you are familiar with the terms and conditions under which a pet is approved at the property. Failure to comply with these conditions will constitute a breach of your tenancy agreement.
Keeping a pet at the premises without prior written approval also constitutes a breach of your tenancy agreement.
It is a requirement that all requests for repairs and maintenance, excluding any emergencies, are formally submitted through our Bricks & Agent maintenance platform.
This platform allows maintenance to be easily lodged any of the below options
- Scanning the agency QR code
- Via the “Request Maintenance” link on the Renting Tab at our website
- Via email to email@example.com
- Via SMS to 0480 019 119 (MMS is not available with this service)
In the event of emergency repairs, we urge you to promptly contact our office. An emergency is defined as something that may harm someone, cause further damage to the property if left unattended, or affect the supply of essential services (water, power etc).
If you are faced with an emergency outside of office hours please refer to the Emergency Plan provided at the commencement of your lease or via the Rent tab on our website.
Provided that your rent has been paid on time, the property has been kept clean and undamaged, the grounds well maintained and the owner is happy to continue your tenancy, you can expect to receive an offer of renewal.
Once you receive your lease renewal documentation it is important that you confirm whether you will be renewing your tenancy for a further period or whether you will be vacating at the end of the lease. Notice of your intention to vacate the premises must be given in writing no later than 30 days prior to the end of the lease agreement.
A review of the rent payable under your lease agreement is conducted every 6 months as per the Residential Tenancies Act and details of such are outlined in your lease agreement.
We will conduct an inspection of the property approximately every 3 months. As per the Residential Tenancies Act, you will receive between 7 and 14 days notice in writing of the inspection. We conduct these inspections in order to provide a report to the owner of the general condition of the property, any necessary repairs and your adherence to the requirements of the lease agreement.
Please note that the inspection may also involve taking photos of areas/items requiring repair as well as any item that indicates a breach of your lease agreement.
When we conduct our inspection, we will pay attention to the following items:
- Floors to be clean and mopped
- Carpeted areas to be vacuumed and if required – professionally cleaned
- Marks to be removed from walls with sugar soap (if applicable)
- Tiled areas to be free from grease/mould and grout cleaned
- All benches/cupboards and sinks to be wiped over
- Oven and griller to be cleaned and free from food/grease
- Exhaust fans throughout the property to be cleaned and free from grease/dust
- Windows and windowsills/tracks to be cleaned thoroughly
- Cobwebs to be removed from ceiling cornices and walls
- All ceiling fans throughout to be free from dust (if applicable)
- Shower recess, screen and grouting to be cleaned and free of all soap residue or mildew
- Mirrors to be wiped over
- Toilets to be cleaned thoroughly, including bowl, seat and cistern
- Lawns to be mowed and edges trimmed
- Flower/garden beds weeded
- Paving/pathways to be swept and clean
- No rubbish to be left in the gardens or around the property (if applicable)
- Driveways, carports, garages and concrete areas to be free from oil and grease stains
- Cobwebs to be removed from outside eaves, awning and ceilings (where applicable)
- Pool and spa to be cleaned, vacuumed and at the correct pH level (if applicable)