Why O’Neil Real Estate?
Insurance of all the building structures within a strata complex is a legal requirement under the Strata Titles Act.
As part of our service as Strata Manager, and in accordance with the instructions of the Body Corporate, we obtain quotes, take out and renew insurance policies for the complex, ensuring that public liability and workers compensation requirements are also met.
We will also lodge any necessary insurance claims on behalf of the Body Corporate and follow up payment of any outstanding claims.
Our Strata Management team will schedule and conduct the Annual General Meeting along with any Extraordinary General meetings in accordance with the requirements of the Strata Titles Act. Detailed financial reports (including income and expense reports) are supplied to owners prior to the meeting and documented minutes are issued within 7 days of the meeting date.
As part of our management service, O’Neil Real Estate provides use of our corporate board room including refreshments for all meetings to be conducted at no charge to the strata company
We aim to provide a faster, more efficient and more reliable service. To aid us, we utilise Australia’s most advanced strata management software incorporating iPad meeting software, personalised internet owner portals and flexible electronic payment solutions for levies.
Our Strata Department receives ongoing professional development with industry leading consultants, regular internal training and a comprehensive procedural system streamlining the daily workings of the department.
O’Neil Real Estate is known as an agency that leads rather than follows, integrating modern techniques and technologies while maintaining our traditional values and integrity.
The Strata Titles Act requires the Strata Company to ensure that all common property is repaired, maintained or replaced where required.
In consultation with the Council of Owners we arrange for the maintenance of common property at the complex. In doing this we only engage tradespeople who meet our office’s high standard – they must be licensed and they must have public liability insurance cover to protect the Body Corporate.
If at any time we are not satisfied with the quality of the workmanship we will instruct the tradesperson to rectify the problem immediately.
The neglect of minor repairs will always lead to major (and more costly) repairs at a later date. Our maintenance program will ensure that problems are rectified quickly at a competitive price.
The sound financial management and administration of your strata complex is vital in ensuring your asset is secure and well represented.
- Establishing annual budgets for the administrative and reserve funds
- Invoicing and collection of strata levies
- Monitoring and pursuing unpaid levies and arranging for the recovery of levy arrears
- Arranging routine maintenance of buildings and common property areas and paying invoices
- Arranging for the preparation and lodgement of BAS returns (where applicable)
- Arranging for the preparation and lodgement of annual tax returns
- Maintain the Body Corporate’s funds in our statutory trust account (which is audited in accordance with government regulations)
- Preparing and distributing levy and reserve fund invoices
- Preparing and distributing notices for Annual General Meetings as well as any extraordinary or other meetings
- Attending all meetings and recording accurate minutes of the proceedings
- Attending to routine written and oral communications
- Maintaining the strata roll
- Maintaining the common seal
Our Service Guarantee
What the locals say about us