Emergency Plan for Tenants

O’Neil Real Estate Emergency Plan

Sometimes you may be faced with an emergency situation. An emergency is defined as something that may harm someone, or may cause further damage to the property if left unattended.

Our Property Managers can only guarantee to be contacted during working hours and for this reason our office has an after hours paging service to a nominated staff member. If you are faced with an emergency situation, phone the office number and advise the receptionist that you are calling regarding emergency maintenance. If necessary listed below is information on items that are classified as an emergency situation and instructions on how to deal with that emergency without the assistance of your Property Manager.

Items not classed as an emergency must be logged on the Maintenance Manager system and will be dealt will on the next business day.

Reach Out to Us

Monday-Friday 8:30AM-5:00PM

Severe Damage to Property (Vehicle Impact, Storm, Explosion Collapsed Ceilings)

  1. If injury to another person call an ambulance on 000.
  2. If there is a fire call the fire brigade on 000.
  3. Call SES (State Emergency Service) on 1300 130 039.
  4. If there are any burst water pipes or gas leaks, turn the water/gas off at the mains and call the plumber listed below.
  5. If there is any electrical damage, turn the power off at the mains and call the electrician listed below.
  6. If there is structural damage to the house, flooding or electrical problems do not stay in the house.
  7. Your Manager will contact the building insurer the next working day, who will send an assessor and attend to any structural repairs

Gas: GXR Plumbing – 0437 800 192
Electric: Power Care Electrical – 0417 900 974

Break In & Damage to Glass

  1. Contact the Police and report the break in
  2. The Police will give to you a Police Report number — you must report this to your Property Manager the next working day.
  3. Without obtaining the Police Report number, the cost of replacing the glass will be invoiced to you.
  4. If there is any other damage to the property besides glass damage, this must be reported to your Property Manager the next working day.
  5. You may contact the following recommended glazier to secure the property: City Glass Solutions 0439 528 932
  6. You may instruct the glazier to forward the account directly to O’Neil Real Estate. If the glass breakage is the result of an act attributable to yourself, you may call the glazier to repair the broken glass, however payment of the invoice must be made by yourself.

Gas Leak

You may contact directly the below listed plumber.

  1. Turn the gas off at the mains immediately.

GXR Plumbing 0437 800 192

Electrical Problem That May Cause Harm To the Tenant

You may contact directly the below listed electrician:

Power Care Electrical 0417 900 974

Burst Water Pipe

You may contact directly the below listed plumber.

  1. Turn the water oft at the mains immediately.

GXR Plumbing 0437 800 192

Power Lines Fallen Down

Call Western Power immediately on 13 13 51.

Lost Keys or Keys Locked Inside House

You may contact a locksmith directly; however the tenant is responsible for payment of the account. If you lock keys inside the property during business hours, a leaseholder may use the office keys by leaving a $100.00 key deposit and some ID with Reception at 2925 Albany Highway, Kelmscott and the key deposit will be refunded as soon as you return the keys to the office. If you lose your keys, this must be reported to your property manager immediately and you will be responsible for cost of replacing locks.

Please do not contact O’Neil Real Estate or your Property Manager out of business hours if you have locked yourself out of your property, or if you have lost keys, as they are not able to assist you.

Recommended Locksmith: Lighthouse Locksmiths 9455 3083

Situations NOT Classified as Emergencies

The following situations are NOT classified as emergency repairs and MUST wait until the next working day to be reported to the office:
  1. Blocked Toilets. (When there is a second unblocked toilet on the premises).
  2. Stove/Oven not working.
  3. General Repairs and Maintenance.
  4. Blocked Pipes, Shower, Kitchen Sink.
  5. Hot water system going hot and cold.
  6. Trouble with Reticulation.
  7. Leaking Taps.
  8. Pest Control i.e.: Pest Control such as ants, mice, rats, cockroaches, flies, silverfish, earwigs, etc. is the responsibility of the tenants and the owner is not obliged to pay for treatment. A recommended pest control company is:

    Directional Services 9525 2811

    The owner will pay for the removal of wasps or beehives, however this is not classified as an emergency and you may contact your Property Manager the next working day to arrange the removal of any nests. This is also the case if you spot any white ants nests in or about the property.

    In relation to problems with ants, mice, rats and cockroaches, it is recommended that you purchase treatments such as bombs and/or baits from the supermarket, and ensure that you place them in strategic locations to prevent cockroach infestation.

Notice to Tenants:

Please note that if you go ahead with a repair that IS NOT classified as an emergency, the owner is NOT obliged to pay for any expenses incurred.

Should the tenant be responsible for any of the damage caused then the cost of any invoices will be forwarded to the tenant for payment.